To take the shiver out of your saturday, we thought a taste of the Islands might bring some warmth to your day! This recipe is courtesy of Executive Chef Frank (Boeli) Booi, Jr, from Le Petit Cafe at the Playa Linda Beach Resort in Aruba.
Chef Booi has been cooking at Le Petit Café since 1986, honing his cooking skills through his experience and learning from other chefs.
Caribbean Seafood Stew
Serves 10 people
1/2 green pepper
1 tbsp lobster base
12 fish bouillon cubes
12 cups boiling water
16 oz peeled tomatoes
8 cloves garlic
1 tsp Italian seasoning
Black pepper to taste
1/2 cup white wine
1. Saute green pepper and onion with lobster base in olive oil.
2. Add shrimp, mussels, scallops, squid and fish
3. Simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Take peeled tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning, black pepper, white wine, 12 cubes of fish bouillon and place in 12 cups of boiling water to prepare broth.
5. Combine tomato mixture with fish broth.
6. Simmer for 40-60 Minutes
7. When ready to serve soup, add 3 – 4 drops of Galliano (to add a touch of sweetness).
Elissa Fallo, is the President of Luxury Travel and Vacations. A child of a Travel Agent she has traveled extensively from a young age.
She holds countless Specialist Designations and is an expert in the logistics of both planning and taking vacations that will leave lasting memories.
Connect with us on Facebook